For most of the MacDill AFB area school is back in session. I am sure some parents are jumping for joy and others are probably crying their eyes out on this first day of school! I know I was crying on my oldest child’s first day and had an ugly cry Sunday night after dropping my baby at college! That is when the I decided it was time to find ways to enjoy back to school!! Here are my 5 tips to enjoy back to school.
- Take a deep breath. Just enjoy the moment and be proud of your child and your self for getting to the first day of school.
- Take a nap. After all that shopping, getting hair cuts and school physicals we are all exhausted. If you are now alone in the house whoo hoo great time for a nap!!
- Time for a pedicure and a manicure or maybe a massage! If you still have little ones at home, a trip to the beach or park might make up for the massage. Get your spouse to watch the kids one evening and do the pedicure or massage then, you deserve it!
- Get organized. Now you may be thinking how is that enjoyable? Well, if you get organized now you will have more free time to enjoy later. Buy a calendar, planner or a dry erase board to keep all those dates and activities organized. I always had a folder for each child to keep all those school papers organized and in one place.
- Write down your memories. Along with all those first day pictures you will want to record those special moments. For instance, when your son comes home and tells you he has a girlfriend on his first day of kindergarten!
Now go take your nap or get your pedicure and enjoy these first days of back to school. You will be glad you did once all those school activities get started. Share your back to school pics with us on our Facebook page.
This page is powered by MilitaryByOwner.com your one stop for military relocation!