Labor Day weekend is here and for most of us that means a three-day weekend to enjoy. How will you relax this weekend? Do you have a fun event planned? If not here are few ideas to get you out of the house:
- Light The Night Labor Day celebration. You can enjoy a lighted boat parade starting at followed by fireworks from Channelside Bay Plaza starting at 8:45pm. Live entertainment along with food trucks can be found at The Sail Pavilion next to the Tampa Convention Center. Fun begins at 6:00pm on Sunday August 31st.
- GeckoFest in Gulfport. Take the short drive over to Gulfport and celebrate the town’s unofficial mascot, the Gecko. Live entertainment, food and over 200 vendors will be in attendance. You won’t want to miss the Gecko walking parade. Dressing in costume is encouraged!! Event takes place Saturday August 30th from 10:00am until 10:00pm.
- The Florida’s Largest Home Show will take place from Friday August 29th until Sept 1st at the Florida State Fairgrounds. Go and check out the over 900 exhibits.
- NEON XTREME The World’s Largest Glow Party! Sunday August 31st at the Fairgrounds Amphitheater . This glowing event takes place from 9:00pm until 3:00am.
- And another of home show is being held at the Tampa Convention Center. The Tampa Home & Garden Show will be held from August 29th until August 31st.
You also might want to try one of the three new restaurants in the MacDill AFB/Tampa Bay area:
- Max & Chz located at 117 S. Hyde Park Ave. If you love macaroni and cheese then you will love this menu! The Taco sounds so good!!
- Graffiti Junktion a burger joint recently opened near USF in Temple Terrace. You can get a burger or a great salad. This fun restaurant is located at 11401 n 56th Street.
- Ulele recently opened on the Tampa Bay Riverwalk. The menu features “native-inspired” dished made with locally grown food. The Ulele is one of many businesses popping up in the reviving Tampa Heights area.
Lots of fun and interesting things to do this weekend. The weather looks great for this Labor Day weekend so enjoy and relax. Please enjoy the weekend safely and always have a designated driver for both your driving and water adventures.
This page is powered by MilitaryByOwner.com your one stop for military relocation!