It is almost the weekend! Summer just started but their is already talk of going back to school. With that in mind everyone needs to get out and enjoy the weekend. Here are a sample of some the great things going on around the MacDill AFB/ Tampa Bay area.
- Florida Mueseum of Photographic Arts is hosting “Hot Art Cool Crowd” from 5:30-8:00 p.m. on Thursday July 17th. The event will feature works from the Macdonald Training Center. Proceeds from all art sales will benefit artists of the MacDonald Training Center.
- The Tampa Bay Home Show will be taking place July 18th until July 19th. The show will take place at Tropicana Field. You can visit the show Friday 10 a.m. until 6 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. until 7 p.m. and the on Sunday from 10 a.m. until 5 p.m. Admission and parking are free!
- Are you a sneaker collector? If so check out the Sole Fest on July 19th form 12 p.m. until 5 p.m. at the Tampa Convention Center. The event will have sneaker raffles, live music, sneaker art and an opportunity for you to buy , sell or trade your favorite pair of sneakers. Admission is $10.00.
- Active Duty Military can visit a Blue Star Museum for no cost this summer. Here in Tampa you can either visit the Natural History Museum or MOSI. Admission is free to any active duty service member and up to five family members for more information on the program go to BSF .
- Here is a birthday party you don’t see every day! Snooty the Manatee is turning 66. Snooty is the mascot for the South Florida Museum located in Bradenton. The party will take place from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. Snooty and the museum use the birthday celebration as a way to promote wildlife awareness. The event will feature free cookies, children’s activities, face painting and a display of birthday cards made for Snooty. At noon Snooty will get his birthday cake and everyone will be encouraged to sing Happy Birthday! If you have not visited the South Florida Museum you should it is a hidden treat in Bradenton.
Looks like a great weekend with lots of fun and unique things to do. If looking for a new home to buy or rent is on your agenda take a look at HOMES for some ideas.
If you know of any fun events in the area that I might have missed please leave a comment or post a note on the Facebook page.
This page is brought to you by MilitaryByOwner.com.