The weekend is here and there are plenty of things to do in the Tampa Bay area. It may be rainy this weekend, but don’t forgot the sunscreen. Maybe just a quiet weekend at the beach is in store for you if it doesn’t rain!
- Ace Golf driving ranges in Brandon and Riverview are offering one free bucket of balls to children up to age 15 every day. Nothing like some free summer time fun for the kids!
- Enjoy your Friday evening on the Hillsborough River at Brews and Bites by the Tampa Convention Center. There will be beer and food trucks on hand to help you enjoy the outdoors. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate!
- Lowry Park Zoo in Tampa is offering a $15 admission to the zoo for Florida residents. The final day for the $15 admission price is this Sunday.
- The Rays are out on a road trip, but the Clearwater Theshers take on the Tampa Yankees in minor league baseball in Clearwater on Friday at 6:30pm. There will be a free concert by a Dave Matthews tribute band following the game. Tickets range from $5 to $9.50. Bright House Field in Clearwater is just on the other side of the Courtney Campbell Parkway.
- If you’re a veteran or active duty military member, make sure you sign up for the Rays Honor Pass so that you can receive 2 free tickets for the next home game!
- On Saturday morning starting 9am, check out the Ybor City Saturday Market for fresh produce, baked goods and live entertainment.
- On Saturday starting at 2pm, it’s the Patel Conservatory End-of-Summer Music Blowout at the TECO theater at the Straz Center in downtown Tampa. Students involved in Rock School, Jazz Improvisation and Patel-A-Cappella will display their talents. If you are interested in the Patel Conservatory, then this is a great opportunity to see what they have to offer!
- FishHawk Ranch in Lithia is having a Food Truck Rally on Saturday evening from 5pm to 9pm. It will take place at the Osprey Club. One of my favorite food trucks, Aloha to Go, will be there!
- On Sunday, the Tampa Theatre will present a classic mafia movie “Goodfellas” starting at 3pm.
- Finish up your weekend at Yoga in the Park at Curtis Hixon Park from 6pm to 7pm. It’s free, just bring your mat!
If you have ideas for the weekend, please share it with us.
This page is powered by MilitaryByOwner.com, your one stop for military relocation!