Have you recently moved to the area? Are you planning a move to the MacDill AFB or Tampa Bay area? If so here is some information that might be helpful with that move. I have shared some of this information in the Spring time when most military families tend to their PCS moves. But I have noticed on some of the social media sites I follow that not only are military families moving to the area but so are civilian families.
This area has a lot of exciting things going on that are bringing more people to the area. The city of Tampa is making sure the port of Tampa stays one of the busiest ports in the country. The Channelside area is looking at some great expansion ideas and Amazon is here with its new distribution center in Ruskin. Top that off with great weather and easy access to the rest of Florida this makes a great choice whether it is because of PCS orders, job transfer or retirement.
Here is some great information about the area and please share this with friends or family who may be moving here or thinking of moving here.
- MacDill AFB along with Tampa is located on the beautiful Tampa Bay and the base sits right at the tip of the Interbay Peninsula. The entire area is full of great vistas.
- Housing. For military personnel you have the option of living on base or off. Check with Harbor Bay for information on base housing and for anyone military or civilian check out the resources on MilitaryByOwner.com. Here you can find homes for rent or sale but you can also find information on local Realtors and Mortgage lenders.
- Check out all of the information under the 6th FSS MacDill AFB for newcomers to MacDill.
- For civilians and military check out the information on the South Tampa Chamber Commerce site. Lots of business, event and volunteer information on this page. The Brandon Chamber of Commerce is also very informative.
- Hillsborough County Schools. Great information if you will have children attending school here. Make sure you read up on the school of choice information when looking at schools. We have some great traditional, magnet and charter schools. For military children their is a school liaison on base that can help with school questions.
This is information I found helpful when I moved to the area. If you have any information that you think I should add please share it with me here in the blog comments section below or share it with me on Facebook. I look forwarded to reading your comments and adding them to my list for future articles!
This page is powered by MilitaryByOwner.com your one stop for military relocation!