Is purchasing a home near MacDill AFB a scary idea? Have you been thinking of purchasing a home here in the Tampa Bay, but are worried about the economic conditions in the area? These questions came to mind when I was recently reading an article by BankRate stating that Florida still has one of the highest foreclosure rates in the country. According to their statistics Florida ranked 10th with South Carolina ranking 1st for the month of September. The article “4 Reasons We Fear Home Buying” on the MilitaryByOwner.com blog also made me want to ask these questions.
The Tampa Bay area looks to be recovering. New restaurants are popping up everywhere. New businesses are coming to the area. Amazon recently opened its distribution center in Ruskin along with a new distribution center already opened in Lakeland ,and a new USAA building is going up along the Selmon Expressway. But the most interesting transformation in the area is the amount of homes being built in the Riverview area. While driving south on 301 in the Riverview area you can find new homes being built by Lennar, KB homes, Taylor Morrison and Ryland to name a few. If I was moving to the MacDill AFB area this would definitely be an area I would look in. But would the reasons stated in Karina’s article be on my mind? To overcome some of these fears such as am I paying too much or understanding the home buying process, you need to do your research. Here are some great ways resources;
- Check out the resources on the U.S Department of Veterans Affairs page.
- 8 simple Steps to help You Overcome your Fears of First Time Home Buying.
- Military Town Adviser. Great information shared by other military families.
- The Tampa Chamber of Commerce. Great source to find out what kind of business growth etc.. is coming to the Tampa Bay/MacDill AFB area.
- MilitaryByOwner.com. Not only is a great source to find homes to buy or rent it is a great source for information on all topics involving the decision to buy a new home. They also have a great list of Realtors, Mortgage lenders and Home builders for the area.
If you are feeling a little fearful when deciding to buy a home or not then take a deep breath and sleep on it!! Do your research and you will know if the time is right for your family to purchase a home.
Please share with us your ideas on buying a home at this time. You can share here on the blog or on our Facebook page.
This page is powered by MilitaryByOwner.com your one stop for military relocation!